Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Noticing every little kindness

An excerpt from The Sartorialist blog today, from his post entitled "A Graceful Man, a Gentleman":

I'm telling you guys again, women notice the small stuff. They notice the gentleness/gentlemenliness more than if you use the right fork at dinner. I'm a very lucky man, Garance notices every little kindness I offer her, she doesn't miss a thing. Knowing that makes it so much more rewarding to do even more little things for her. I'll be honest, my biggest obsession in life right now is not better shoes, more suits or a bigger career but, to simply be a more graceful man for my graceful woman.

The whole piece is worth a read (he even makes a 30 Rock reference!)  I just perused the 235 (so far) comments too.  I was so touched by all the appreciation for one's man!  I was especially moved by one woman who felt her 20 year marriage was over but Scott's writing reminded her that there was still love there.  And another commented about how it can be with strangers too, so true.  I love how this can happen right on a "fashion blog", a beautiful reminder to notice every little kindness.

No comments:

Blog Archive