Sunday, October 26, 2008

Make something beautiful


Yesterday in the car we listened to this new album that Chris had downloaded...that he discovered from downloading this new application for the iPhone that Luke turned him onto. That lead to me imdb-ing David Byrne where I discovered that he was married for a long time to Adelle Lutz, sister to the lovely and stylish Tina Chow. I had been aware that Tina died of AIDS in 1992, but not that she had contracted it after a one night stand with a bisexual frenchman when she was seperated from her husband. She is wearing jewelry she designed. It reminded me of the best advice I heard recently on how to deal with the "world crisis"..."Make something beautiful" (and share it). I have found myself cooking new things, wearing old things in new ways, letting the creative (rather than reactive) juices flow. Even cleaning something with an open mind can be a moment for revelation! I'm grateful for these books and for the information that comes to me about women who persist in creating around them the beauty that they are witness to.

1 comment:

Paul Pincus said...

my partner was a friend of tina chow. he wrote an amazing piece on her back in the very early nineties. she was so amazing and unique and brilliant!

cheers to you : )

Blog Archive